If Japan isn’t already on your bucket list, perhaps these Tokyo quotes will entice you to visit!
And pst! If you’ve just returned home from your trip, but aren’t sure what to caption your next latergram or throwback post on Instagram, these quotes about Tokyo will for sure come in handy.
Tokyo Quotes for Instagram
It took me about three or four visits to Japan to finally check out Tokyo and it was well worth the wait. In fact, it was everything I imagined it to be, if not more.
This vibrant region has all the charms of a big, bustling city like New York, Shanghai, or London. Yet at the same time, it offers once in a lifetime experiences that are so unique and entrancing, you simply cannot find them elsewhere in the world.
While there are plenty of other fantastic destinations worth stopping by in Japan, be sure not to miss its capital!
Best Tokyo Quotes
I have gathered the best of the best Tokyo travel quotes that will peak the ultimate wanderlust and help you get those extra likes on Instagram.
- I can’t seem to get the beauty of Tokyo off my mind.
- Keep calm and love Tokyo.
- Doing this sweet thing called exploring Japan.
- I wish you could taste this picture from Japan.
- Money can’t buy you happiness but it can buy a ticket to Japan.
- We came. We save. We loved Tokyo.
- Tokyo, you have my heart.
- Sushi is calling, so I need to go.
- Sorry for what I said when I wasn’t eating sushi in Tokyo.
- Happiness is going on a sushi date in Japan.
- Be the girl who decided to go to Japan and check something off her bucket list.
- Tokyo: Where you can replace fear of the unknown with curiosity.
Short Tokyo Quotes
Nowadays, we all have the attention span of a goldfish. If you’re looking for shorter Tokyo Instagram captions, I’ve got just what you’re searching for!
- Lost in Tokyo.
- Cherry blossom dreamin’.
- Meet me in Tokyo.
- The more matcha, the merrier.
- Konnichiwa from Tokyo!
- This place is so kawaii.
- Sushi and sight-seeing, please!
- Let’s go to Tokyo.
- Greetings from Japan.
- Sakura is calling my name!
- Let’s get weird in Tokyo.
Funny Tokyo Puns & Quotes
If you enjoy silly little play on words like me, these Tokyo puns will bring a smile to your face.
- I love you so matcha, Tokyo.
- Once udon a time in Tokyo.
- Japan, I’m soy into you.
- Miso happy.
- I love you roe much.
- Cherry blossoms are finally here… you Tokyo time.
- Udon know how much I love Japanese food.
- She believe she could, sushi did.
- I love Japan very mochi.
- I’ll never let you gyoza.
Famous Quotes About Tokyo
Japan isn’t only popular amongst travellers. Writers, photographers, actors, and singers all seem to be captivated by its beauty too. Here’s what some of them have said about Tokyo.
- “Tokyo was an origami city folded over and over until something was made of virtually nothing.” – Christopher Barzak, The Love We Share Without Knowing.
- “Living right in the heart of Tokyo itself is quite like living in the mountains – in the midst of so many people, one hardly sees anyone.” – Yuko Tsushima.
- “Tokyo was a place you could quite happily exist alone and be self-contained. It seemed to promise that it was better to be by yourself.” – Olivia Sudjic.
- “I wanted to meet the people, to get involved in the city, to make Tokyo mine.” – Jacob Aue Sobol.
- “If Japan is enigmatic, then Tokyo is the heart of that riddle. Its rhythm and essence so utterly alluring that it demands to be explored. It has a depth that keeps travellers in a constant state of rapture and delight. Whatever your vice, Tokyo has you covered.” – Michael Ryan.
- “Tokyo is like the New York of Asia. Although the people there are all basically from Japan, they celebrate what they like about various cultures.” – Pharrell Williams.
Other Famous Sayings & Japanese Proverbs
Haven’t found what you’re searching for? Here are additional sayings about Japan + Japanese proverbs that are perfect for your Tokyo captions.
- “I love Tokyo. If I had to eat only in one city for the rest of my life, Tokyo would be it. Most chefs I know would agree with me.” – Anthony Bourdain.
- “If it has not been invented in Japan, then it has not been invented anywhere else.” – Amelia Danver.
- “What a strange thing! To be alive beneath cherry blossoms.” – Kobayashi Issa.
- “Money grows on the tree of persistence.” – Japanese proverb.
- “I always had a sense that I would fall in love with Tokyo.” – Junot Diaz.
- “There are so many more people in Tokyo than in New York, but it’s pristine. It’s so organized, and yet the address system is in complete chaos.” – Nick Wooster.
- “I love Japan. I love the collision of the modern and ancient worlds coming together in that place. It’s so high-tech and cool.” – John Lasseter.
- “I grew up in the countryside and wanted to go to Tokyo. I had Tokyo complex.” – Makoto Shinkai.
- “One life, one encounter.” – Japanese proverb.
- “Shibuya is a trendy part of Tokyo where young people come to meet and have a good time.” – Rebecca MacKinnon.
Don’t forget to pin these Tokyo quotes for Instagram for later and follow me @mysuitcasejourneys for more travel inspo!
Planning a trip to Tokyo?
If it’s your first time in Tokyo, I’ve compiled helpful guides and information that will make your trip a smooth sailing one.
- Ultimate Japan Bucket List
- Where to Stay in Tokyo
- Kimono Rental in Tokyo
- How to Rent a Boat at Chidorigafuchi Park
Need additional caption ideas?
Check out these other caption guides.
You look so beautiful under that sakura tree! I love Japan too! I love its anime and its culture! I wish one day I can travel there too! This post just give me lots of info for travel there. Thanks dear!