I don’t know about you, but I’m a sucker for road trips. There’s just something so mysterious and alluring about the open road that I simply can’t resist. If you’re like me, here are 100 road trip quotes that will inspire your next adventure.
Road Trip Quotes for Instagram
Iceland’s Ring Road, the Canadian Rockies, and USA’s Pacific Coast Highway are three of my favorite road trip routes of all time. Let me know yours in the comments!
Best Road Trip Quotes
- Life is too short to not go on that spontaneous road trip.
- “Roads were made for journeys, not destinations.” – Confucius.
- It feels good to be lost in the right direction.
- Making memories, one road trip at a time.
- Today feels like a good day for a road trip.
- Happiness is a road trip with a good playlist.
- Road trips aren’t measured by mile markers, but by moments.
- Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.
- “It’s not the destination, it’s the journey.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson.
- “Discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust.
- “People don’t take trips, trips take people.” – John Steinbeck.
- “One’s destination is never a place, but rather a new way of seeing things.” – Henry Miller.
- I don’t know where I’m going, but I’m going. Are you coming with me?
- “Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere and sometimes in the middle of nowhere you find yourself.” – Stacy Westfall.
- There’s no problem so big that a road trip can’t solve.
- “Because the greatest part of a road trip isn’t arriving at your destination. It’s all the wild stuff that happens along the way.” – Emma Chase.
- Escape the ordinary and breathe the fresh air of unfamiliar places.
- Keeping the windows down and letting the wind blow my worries away.
- Turns out, I just needed a day off and a dirt road.
- Ultimately, every road leads to the whole world.
- “Live your life by a compass, not a clock.” – Stephen Covey.
- “My favourite thing to do is to go where I’ve never been.” – Diane Arbus.
- “Look at life through the windshield, not the rearview mirror.” – Byrd Baggett.
Short Road Trip Quotes
- Adventure awaits.
- On the road, be back never.
- Get in the car!
- Embracing my inner road tripper.
- Hey GPS, let’s take the scenic route today.
- Life is a highway.
- Road trip, won’t quit.
- Racing with the wind.
- Happiness is a road trip.
- Always take the scenic route.
- Let’s travel where the Wi-Fi is weak.
- Living the road trip aesthetic.
- Feeling like a road trip day.
- Are we there yet?
- Adventure is just bad planning.
- Windows down, music up.
- The mountains are calling and I must go.
- Cruising’ is my forever mood.
- I wish that road trips could pay my bills.
- And so the adventure begins…
- I’m not lost, I’m exploring.
- Here today, gone tomorrow.
- Wanderlust and highway dust.
- All I want for Christmas is a road trip.
- Take the long way home.
- I’ve got a crush on the world.
- Discovering myself on a road trip.
- Road trip hair, don’t care.
- On the road again!
- Cruising down the highway of life.
- Hodophile – a lover of roads.
- Always say yes to a road trip.
- Sometimes the best therapy is a road trip.
Funny Road Trip Quotes
- Is it a real road trip if you don’t make at least one bad decision?
- “Kilometres are shorter than miles. Save gas, take your next trip in kilometres.” – George Carlin.
- Europeans: I drove 40 minutes to spend the weekend in Paris, then popped to Germany to visit family on the way home. Australians: I was in Queensland and drove for 18 hours. Now I’m still in Queensland.
- That’s why I love road trips, dude. It’s like doing something without actually doing anything.
- “We all have that one friend who is either on a road trip or planning a road trip or thinking about a road trip or talking to people who are on a road trip or posting quotes about a road trip.” – Crestless Wave.
- “Are we there yet?” = the most popular road trip quote of all time.
- Driving isn’t dangerous. Crashing is!
- This road trip is so long, I forgot all my passwords.
- If you don’t pick road trip snacks like an unattended kid with $20 in a gas station, you’re doing it wrong.
- Road tripping. AKA getting kicked repeatedly by my toddler.
- “Adventure, yeah. I guess that’s what you call it when everybody comes back alive.” – Mercedes Lackey.
- “The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, or ethnic background, is that deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.” – Dave Barry.
Family Road Trip Quotes
- “A road trip is a way for the whole family to spend time together and annoy each other in interesting and new places.” – Tom Lichtenheld.
- “The greatest legacy we can leave our children is happy memories.” – Og Mandino.
- “When you travel with your children, you are giving them something that can never be taken away… Experience, exposure, and a way of life.” – Pamela T. Chandler.
- “In the end, kids won’t remember that fancy toy you bought them. They will remember the time you spent with them.” – Kevin Heath.
- “Every day we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.” – Charles R Swindoll.
Road Trip with Friends Quotes
- Me, you, the radio, and the highway. Let’s go.
- Sometimes all you need is a good friend and a full tank of gas.
- Endless playlists + coffee + best friends = best road trip ever.
- Travel is better with friends.
- Some roads aren’t meant to be travelled alone.
- “No road is long with good company.” – Turkish Proverb.
- “A journey is measured in friends, rather than miles.” – Tim Chaill.
- A good friend listens to your adventures. A best friend makes them with you.
- You can pack for every occasion, but a good friend will always be the best thing you could bring!
- Life was meant for great adventure and close friends.
- “Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter.” – Izaak Walton.
- There is a whole world out there. Pack your backpack, your best friend and go.
- Got my snacks, got my friends, got my music. Road trip ready.
- Friends that travel together, stay together.
Famous Road Trip Sayings
- “I may not have ended up where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.” – Douglas Adams.
- “If you don’t know where you are going, any road will get you there.” – Lewis Carroll.
- “You may not find a path, but you will find a way.” – Tom Wolfe.
- “Sometimes the most scenic roads in life are the detours you didn’t mean to make.” – Angela N. Blount.
- “Some beautiful paths can’t be discovered without getting lost.” – Erol Ozan.
- “Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.” – T.S Eliot.
- “A journey is a person in itself; no two are alike. And all plans, safeguards, policing, and coercion are fruitless.” – John Steinbeck.
- “She wasn’t where she had been. She wasn’t where she was going, but she was on her way.” – Jodi Hills.
Other Popular Road Trip Sayings
- “Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less traveled by.” – Robert Frost.
- “Road trips require a couple of things: a well balanced diet of caffeine, salt and sugar, and an excellent set of tunes – oh, and directions.” – Jenn McKinlay.
- “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirty.” – John Muir.
- “The open road is there, it will always be there. You just have to decide when to take it.” – Chris Humphrey.
- “Road trips are the equivalent of human wings. Ask me to go on one, any one. We’ll stop in every small town and learn the history and the stories, feel the ground, and capture the spirit. Then we’ll turn it into our own story that will live inside our history to carry with us. Always. Because stories are more important than things.” – Victoria Erickson
Don’t forget to pin these road trip captions for later and follow me on IG @mysuitcasejourneys for more road trip inspo!
Need additional caption ideas?
Check out these other caption guides.