If you have never been to the Bay Area before, here’s where to stay in San Francisco for the first time.
Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco
Address: 757 Market Street, San Francisco, California, United States
Phone Number: +1 415-633-3000
Check-In Time: 3:00PM
Check-Out Time: 12:00PM
About Four Seasons
Situated on Market Street*, Four Seasons SF is a 5-star luxury hotel that is in the center of all the action. From popular tourist attraction sights like Union Square and the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art to diverse culinary scene and vibrant nightlife, it is notably the best luxury hotel in San Francisco.
View this post on Instagram
This modern oasis houses 17 different styles of rooms and suites ranging from couples rooms to family suites, as well as accessible rooms. Whether you are in town for business, celebrating a milestone event with babe, or spending quality time with family, Four Seasons San Francisco, CA is is the perfect home-away-from-home for all travellers alike.
*There are two Four Seasons properties in the Bay Area. The one I am reviewing today is Four Seasons Market Street; not to be confused with Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco at Embarcadero.
From San Francisco International Airport, Four Seasons is located 20 to 30 minutes away by car.
Both Uber and Lyft are readily available in the Bay Area. Alternatively, you can also take the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit District), which is one line without transfers.
As mentioned above, check-in begins at 3:00PM.
I’d arrived a little earlier, but was able to check into my room regardless. As with any hotel, early check-in is never guaranteed and depends on the availability of your room.
My boyfriend and I had the pleasure of spending two nights in the gorgeous Superior Room.
It features a king-size bed, a full marble bathroom, and a beautiful seating area with partial views of Market Street and the Yerba Buena Gardens.
You can add an additional rollaway bed to accommodate a third guest. However, I recommend Four Seasons as a couples getaway destination.
In-room dining: Cold Smoked Salmon with Tropical Green Smoothie.
Egg White Frittata left; Belgian Waffle right.
Value of Price: ★★★★★
Internet Access: Complimentary
Parking: Valet available
- Incredible service from the moment I exited my Uber and stepped onto the hotel property
- Four Seasons’ definition of luxury is providing a “meaningful sense of belonging,” which is reflected perfectly in its welcoming, passionate team.
- Friendly and hospitable staff
- I exchanged notes with our housekeeper and I thought this was super cute/sweet!
- Unbeatable location
- Lots of yummy restaurants and bars nearby
- Less than 5-minute walk to SFMOMA
- Less than 10-minute walk to Union Square
- Close to major shopping malls/stores
- Complimentary access to Equinox Sports Club
- Twice-daily housekeeping + evening turndown service
- Extremely spacious room
- Adapter provided should you be visiting from outside of North America
- USB plugs available in addition to plenty of outlets for charging your electronic devices
- No rainfall shower
- I personally prefer handheld showerheads anyways so if you’re like me, this isn’t a dealbreaker.
This is quite frankly the first time I’ve ever award five stars to all categories.
While it’s true that I was here on a media stay, both my boyfriend and I genuinely had a phenomenal time. In fact, this might just be one of my new favorite five star hotels in San Francisco!
I hope this entices you to treat yourself to a Four Seasons experience if you’re looking for where to stay in San Francisco for the first time. Check here for availability and book your stay today.