They say writer’s block is when your imaginary friends refuse to talk to you or really, it’s because writing is hard work and you’re just lazy. Regardless of which, social media is supposed to be fun and writing captions shouldn’t be a chore. Whether you just came back from an epic trip and are looking to show off your memories on Instagram, or you’re stuck at home daydreaming about your next vacation, these travel quotes and travel captions for Instagram are sure to spark wanderlust and help boost your engagement!
Table of Contents
Best Travel Captions
- In a committed relationship with my passport.
- Always say yes to new adventures.
- Tans and jet lag fade, but memories last forever.
- Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.
- Will travel for food (and a good sunset).
- My new routine: Journey. Explore. Discover. Repeat.
- What’s on my bucket list? Everywhere.
- “We take photos as a return ticket to a moment otherwise gone.” – Katie Thurmes.
- I’m a travel addict on the road to recovery. Just kidding, I’m headed to the airport.
- I need a six month vacation twice a year.
- “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag.
- Prepare yourself for a million photos. Sorry not sorry.
- I follow my heart and it usually leads me to the airport.
- Constantly searching for views that take my breath away.
- I want to vacation so long, I forget all my passwords.
- “I’m in love with cities I’ve never been to and people I’ve never met.” – Melody Truong.
- Travel. Your money will return. Your time won’t.
- It feels good to be lost in the right direction.
- The goal is to die with memories not dreams.
- You can shake the sand from your shoes, but not from your soul.
- I decided to skip ahead to the part of my life where I travel the world.
- My favorite thing to do is go where I’ve never been.
- Travelling allows you to become so many different versions of yourself.
- I wish travel therapy was covered by my health insurance.
- We have nothing to lose and a world to see.
- Live life with no excuses, travel with no regret.
- “You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a plane ticket and that’s kind of the same thing.” – Joel Annesley.
Short Travel Captions
- Catch flights not feelings.
- Keep calm and travel on.
- “Oh the places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss.
- “The journey is my home.” – Muriel Rukeyser.
- BBN. Be back never.
- I’ve found my happy place.
- “Travel far enough, you meet yourself.” – David Mitchell.
- “Life is a journey, not a destination.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson.
- Work, save, travel, repeat.
- “Jobs fill your pocket. Adventures fill your soul.” – Jaime Lyn Beatty.
- Travel is my therapy.
View this post on Instagram
- Sandy toes, sunkissed nose.
- Collect moments, not things.
- “Take only memories, leave only footprints.” – Chief Seattle.
- Oh darling, let’s be adventurers.
- “To travel is to live.” – Hans Christian Anderson.
- “Travel is an investment in yourself.” – Matthew Karsten.s
- “People don’t take trips, trips take people.” – John Steinbeck.
- “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien.
- Live that life people write novels about.
- “Don’t listen to what they say, go see.” – Chinese Proverb.
- Life is short, and the world is wide.
Funny Travel Puns
- This place stole a pizza my heart.
- Life is better in slow m-ocean.
- I just a-door this city!
- Beach you to it!
- Seas the day.
- Tropic like it’s hot.
- It’s a-boat time we took a vacation!
- We Audi here!
- Craving some vitamin sea.
- Girls just wanna have sun.
View this post on Instagram
- It’s impossible to ruin this view!
- Suite dreams are made of this.
- I got 99 problems, but a beach ain’t one.
- We’re going on an ad-van-ture!
- Stick to the sea-nic route.
- These mountains are s-peak-tacular!
- It’s important to have a good work-life beer-lance.
- Leaving the office on cruise control.
- This place is rem-arc-able!
- Sea you later, alligator.
- “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Neale Donald Walsch.
- “Climb mountains not so the world can see you, but so you can see the world.” – David McCullough Jr.
- “Adventure is worthwhile in itself.” – Amelia Earhart.
- Life is better in hiking boots.
- Let’s wander where the Wi-Fi is weak.
- “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.” – Jack Kerouac.
- “All good things are wild and free.” – Henry David Thoreau.
- “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey.
- Adventures are the best way to learn.
View this post on Instagram
- Life without adventure is like pizza without cheese.
- Do more things that make you forget to check your phone.
- “Live your life by a compass, not a clock.” – Stephen Covey.
- It’s bad manners to keep an adventure waiting.
- “Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.” – Lovelle Drachman.
- Life is meant for good friends and great adventures.
Famous Travel Quotes
- “Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing at all.” – Helen Keller.
- “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmacher.
- “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu.
- “A journey is best measured in friends, not in miles.” – Tim Cahill.
- “Traveling is like flirting with life. It’s like saying, ‘I would stay and love you, but I have to go; this is my station.’” – Lisa St. Aubin de Teran.
- “Travel – the best way to be lost and found at the same time.” – Brenna Smith.
- “Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.” – Anita Desai.
- “We travel, initially, to lose ourselves; and we travel, next, to find ourselves.” – Pico Iyer.
- “If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet.” – Rachel Wolchin.
- “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine of Hippo.
- “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
- “It is better to see something once, than to hear about it a thousand times.” – Asian Proverb.
- “Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends, but is played out over and over again in the quietest chambers. The mind can never break off from the journey.” – Pat Conroy.
- “We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment.” – Hilaire Belloc.
- “It’s a big world out there. It would be a shame not to experience it.” – J. D. Andrews.
- “Once the travel bug bites, there is no known antidote, and I know that I shall be happily infected until the end of my life.” – Michael Palin.
And there you have it! 100 travel captions for Instagram.
Don’t forget to pin this for later and follow me on IG @mysuitcasejourneys for more photo ideas.
Looking for city-specific travel captions? Check out these other travel quotes!