Besides historic temples, delicious street food, and bustling nightlife, Bangkok is known for its vibrant shopping scene. If you’re looking to treat yourself to a much-needed retail therapy session, I highly recommend booking a stay at Siam Kempinski Hotel.
Siam Kempinski Hotel Bangkok
Phone Number: +66-2-162-9000
Check-In Time: 3:00PM
Check-Out Time: 12:00PM
About Siam Kempinski
Siam Kempinski Hotel Bangkok is a five-star luxury property with 397 rooms and suites featuring traditional Thai design elements and modern amenities. It is directly connected to Siam Paragon, one of Thailand’s largest shopping malls, and is conveniently located near major tourist attraction sights like Chinatown, The Grand Palace, and Wat Pho just to name a few.
Best part is if you get tired from all that walking, Kempinski The Spa is right there waiting for you with relaxing massages inspired by the four seasons.
If you are a major foodie, it’s well worth noting that Siam Kempinski is also home to three bars and restaurants, one of which is the award-winning Michelin Star Sra Bua by Kiin Kiin.
There are two major airports in Bangkok: Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) and Don Mueang International Airport (DMK).
From BKK, the ride takes approximately 30 minutes to an hour depending on traffic. From DMK, however, the ride is much shorter and can take anywhere between 20 to 45 minutes.
Grab (or Asian Uber as I’d like to call it) is extremely affordable and readily available across the city. Plus, you get the flexibility of paying by cash or by card.
As mentioned above, check-in begins at 3:00PM.
My flight landed in the morning, but I was able to check into my room without having to wait. Like most hotels, early check-ins are never guaranteed and depend on room availability.
Executive Balcony Room
I had the pleasure of spending two nights in the Royal Wing’s Executive Balcony Room.
This 484-square-foot space consists of an elegant bedroom with living and working areas, as well a gorgeous marble bathroom with a tub and a separate shower room.
I opted for one king bed, but you have the option of choosing two twin beds.
In other words, the room can technically sleep up to four guests. There is only one bathroom though so I would recommend this for couples only or for those travelling with one other friend/family member.
Apart from Family Suite and Two Bedroom Family Suite guests, all other guests staying in Executive Rooms, Executive Suites, and Duplex Cabanas have complimentary access to the Executive Lounge.
It is open daily from 7:00AM to 9:00PM with
- Breakfast starting from 7:00AM to 11:00AM
- Afternoon tea starting from 2:00PM to 4:00PM
- Evening cocktails starting from 5:00PM to 7:00PM
Breakfast with a view.
I loved the breakfast buffets here and it was great that there were both Asian and Western dishes to choose from.
The lounge provided a fantastic space for catching up on emails too while sipping on some traditional Thai iced tea.
Value of Price: ★★★★★
Internet Access: Complimentary
- Beautiful landscaping and super relaxing urban oasis vibes
- Centrally located, yet still feels secluded and away from Bangkok’s loud traffic
- Within walking distance to the BTS skytrain
- Connected to Siam Paragon
- If you don’t feel like walking, there are free golf cart services to nearby malls
- Extremely hospitable staff who speak fluent English
- Complimentary in-room minibar drinks + snacks
- Their dried mangoes are sooooo good!
- Unlimited bottles of water
- I drink a LOT of water, which is why I always appreciate this
- Cabinets are stocked with mosquito repellant cream
- Strong A/C system
- It’s no joke how hot Thailand gets, especially during summer so this is a literal lifesaver
- Rain shower and handheld shower heads to match your personal preference
My stay at Siam Kempinski Hotel was absolutely perfect and I have nothing but the best to say about my experience.
However, if I really have to nitpick, it would be that the property is huge. As embarrassing as it is to admit, I did get lost on my first day as I couldn’t find which wing my room was located in. Definitely not a deal breaker whatsoever and I would book a stay here again in a heartbeat.
I hope this entices you to treat yourself to a Kempinski vacation in Bangkok. Check here for availability and book your stay today!