They say that the west coast is the best coast. Whether you enjoy long walks on the beach, trying different restaurants with friends, or taking pictures of the little moments in life, there’s something for everyone in the Bay Area. It’s hard not to leave a piece of your heart here and these 50 San Francisco quotes will make you fall in love with the city all over again.
Table of Contents
Best San Francisco Quotes
- What I like best about San Francisco is San Francisco.
- Happiness is holding tickets that say San Francisco.
- Somewhere between living and dreaming, there’s San Francisco.
- West Coast, Best Coast.
- Falling in love with San Francisco one cable car at a time.
- Golden Gate Bridge. Golden beach. Golden life.
- Dear San Francisco, I will never get over you.
- There’s no time to be bored in a city as beautiful as San Francisco.
- Everyone needs a little San Francisco in their life.
- I fell in love. His name is San Fran.
- This trip is golden, baby.
- Nothing comes close to the Golden Coast.
- In a Golden State of mind.
- Visiting the Bay with my bae.
- Follow your heart, even if it takes you all the way to San Francisco.
- Either you love San Francisco or you are wrong.
- Stay golden, San Francisco.
Short San Francisco Quotes
- Bae Area.
- Sanny Franny.
- The windy city.
- Cruising through Cali.
- Chillin’ on the best coast.
- In that San Fran state of mind.
- San Francisco is my kind of town!
Funny San Francisco Puns & Quotes
- Hello, Sun Francisco!
- I’m a San Fan-cisco.
- It’s hard to fog-get your first time in San Francisco.
- I’m going to gate leaving San Francisco.
- I red that the Golden Gate Bridge is nearly two miles long!
- There are SoMa-ny reasons to love this city.
- Oh how I’ve mist you, Golden Gate Bridge.
- This city is so Alcatra-ctive.
- Happy as a clam at Fisherman’s Wharf.
- If you make the Golden Gate Bridge shorter, is it now abridged?
- Karl me crazy, but I love foggy days in San Francisco.*
- Can’t wait for my next trip to SF – the suspension is killing me!
- Why doesn’t Karl the Fog visit cities other than San Francisco? Because he’s a monoga-mist.
*Fun Fact: San Francisco’s infamous fog is named Karl.
Famous Quotes About San Francisco
- “If you’re alive, you can’t be bored in San Francisco. If you’re not alive, San Francisco will bring you to life.” – William Saroyan.
- “San Francisco is the only city I can think of that can survive all that thing you people are doing to it and still look beautiful.” – Frank Lloyd Wright.
- “San Francisco has only one drawback – it is hard to leave.” – Rudyard Kipling.
- “East is East, and West is San Francisco.” – O. Henry.
- “I left my heart in San Francisco.” – Tony Bennet.
- “San Francisco is poetry. Even the hills rhyme.” – Pat Montandon.
- “I am a Bay Area guy, no question.” – Huey Lewis.
- “San Francisco is perhaps the most European of all American cities.” – Cecil Beaton.
- “Money lives in New York. Power sits in Washington. Freedom sips cappuccino in a sidewalk cafe in San Francisco.” – Joe Flower.
- “San Francisco is a golden handcuff with the key thrown away.” – John Steinbeck.
- “I’m just mad for San Francisco. It is like London and Paris stacked on top of each other.” – Twiggy.
- “Every man should be allowed to love two cities, his own and San Francisco.” – Gene Fowler.
- “Chicago is the great American city, New York is one of the capitals of the world, and Los Angeles is a constellation of plastic; San Francisco is a lady.” – Norman Mailer.
And there you have it! 50 San Francisco Quotes for Instagram.
Don’t forget to pin this for later and follow me on IG @mysuitcasejourneys for more travel ideas!