They say Istanbul is a playground for history buffs and photography lovers. Whether you are looking for a reason to visit, or you’re searching for captions to match your epic landscape shots, here are top-performing Instagram quotes about Istanbul that are sure to inspire wanderlust.
Quotes About Istanbul
My friend and I decided to book a last-minute trip to Istanbul, and that was the best decision we ever made!
From charming architecture to breathtaking views of the Bosphorus strait to delicious local eats and vibrant nightlife scenes, there’s a reason why Istanbul is nicknamed the City of the World’s Desire.
Best Istanbul Quotes
- Istanbul, thank you for making me feel so alive.
- There’s no time to be bored in Istanbul.
- Anything is possible. This is Istanbul.
- Hello, Istanbul. You’re looking gorgeous today.
- Happiness is holding tickets that say Istanbul.
- I fell in love. His name is Istanbul.
- Istanbul is calling and I must go.
- Somewhere between living and dreaming, there’s Istanbul.
- In Istanbul, the bridges connect Europe and Asia and the kebabs connect your heart and stomach.
- Istanbul, the city that makes my soul sing.
- Just you, me, and the Bosporus Sea.
- You can leave Istanbul, but it will never leave you.
- Every corner of Istanbul is like a page from a storybook.
- Istanbul is my happy place.
- Istanbul: where the mosques are majestic and the seagulls are savage.
Short Istanbul Captions
- My heart is in Istanbul.
- Istanbul is always a good idea.
- Browsing at the bazaar.
- Istanbul magic.
- But first, Istanbul.
- My kind of city.
- Meanwhile, in Istanbul…
- Istanbul, you have my heart.
- Istanbul dreams.
- Colors of Istanbul.
- Meet me at the Hagia Sophia.
- I left my heart in Istanbul.
Food-Related Istanbul Instagram Captions
- Came for the sights, stayed for the kebabs.
- If you haven’t tried Turkish tea or Turkish delight, have you really been to Istanbul?
- Why have abs when you can have kebabs?
- All you need is love and a doner kebab.
- Eating my way through Istanbul, one baklava at a time.
- Life is short. Eat that kebab.
Funny Istanbul Puns
- Istanbul holds the Tur-key to my heart.
- Istanbul is a bit bazaar!
- I’m hammam a great time here in Istanbul!
- I’m Turkish delight-ed to be in Istanbul.
- This is not my last trip to Istanbul. I’ll definitely Bebek.
- Istanbul, I’ll definitely be baklava!
- I mosque come back to Istanbul soon.
Famous Quotes About Istanbul
- “If one had but a single glance to give the world, one should gaze on Istanbul” – Alphonse de Lamartine.
- “To travel along the Bosphorus, be it in a ferry, a motor launch, or a rowboat, is to see the city house by house, neighborhood by neighborhood, and also from afar as a silhouette, an ever-mutating mirage.” – Orhan Pamuk.
- “Paris is a beautiful hall, London is a beautiful park, Berlin is a beautiful barracks but Istanbul is a beautiful city.” – Zülfü Livaneli.
- “Maybe Istanbul was the city in the sky where the people who were our reflections lived.” – Burhan Sönmez.
- “Türkiye was fantastic. Türkiye was, like, mystical and such a special place. Just unique. Something that’s really hard to describe. Such beauty, those mountains, and the stone is kind of, eroded? Special erosion which makes what you see just something that seems, it’s been made for a movie. It’s like something out of fantasy, except it’s real.” – Violante Placido.
- “Istanbul is a magical seal which unites Europe and Asia since the ancient times. Without a doubt, Istanbul is certainly the most beautiful place of the world.” – Gerard De Nerval.
- “People were right when they say there is no other place on Earth as beautiful looking as Istanbul.” – François-rené De Chateaubriand.
- “Either I conquer Istanbul or Istanbul conquers me” – Mehmed the Conqueror.
- “To savor Istanbul’s back streets, to appreciate the vines and trees that endow its ruins with accidental grace, you must, first and foremost, be a stranger to them.” – Orhan Pamuk.
- “Istanbul – the constant beating of the wave of the east against the rock of the west.” – Susan Moody.
Don’t forget to pin these quotes about Istanbul for later and follow me @mysuitcasejourneys for more travel inspo!
Need additional caption ideas?
Check out these other caption guides.