During the last two days of my spontaneous trip to Los Angeles, I had the opportunity to stay at JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE. I didn’t explore the hotel grounds as much as I would’ve liked, but let me walk you guys through a quick review and my thoughts on the hotel.
JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE
Address: 900 W Olympic Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90015, United States
Phone Number: +1 213-765-8600
Check-In Time: 4:00PM
Check-Out Time: 12:00PM
Reservation for deluxe guest room with one king bed was $195.54USD (~$271 CAD) for one guest, two nights – please note that this was an employee discount price.
Dinner at WP24 by Wolfgang Puck at Ritz-Carlton.
Value of Price: ★★★☆☆
Internet Access: Free
Breakfast: Not included
Valet Parking: $42USD/day
– Close to Staples Center (if you’re going to see a game) – it’s literally across the street.
– Very quiet
– Linked to Ritz-Carlton so there are definitely a lot of dining options and amenities within both hotels
– Downtown isn’t exactly the safest place in L.A., however, the hotel grounds are definitely safe
– If you’re not doing much touring in the Downtown area, this hotel is a bit far in relation to say Beverly Hills, Hollywood, etc., but these locations are still about a 20-minute drive away so it’s not too bad.
– This is a luxury hotel, but I found the room decor to look a bit more on the cheap side
I have such mixed feelings writing this review because as you can probably already see in the pros and cons section, a lot of these remarks can go both ways. Bottom line is, it really depends on what kind of a traveller you are. If you’re all about budget accommodations, this hotel is not for you. But then again, as a luxury hotel, I feel like the rooms themselves could be better. If you really want to put things in perspective, I’d say it’s on the more affordable end of the spectrum. As for proximity, you really can’t get around L.A. without a car. It’s hard. So even though I did say the hotel is a bit far to other tourist attraction sights, it’s not too bad – if there is no traffic. Traffic can be super unpredictable sometimes so I can say it takes 15 minutes from the hotel to Hollywood, but during peak times, it might take way longer. It just depends. Overall, I was quite happy with my stay.