Top 6 Places to View Mt. Fuji

Mt. Fuji is perhaps one of the most iconic symbols of Japan and it is an absolute wonder. If you are planning to pay a visit to see its beauties, here is a list of the top 6 places worth checking out.

Chureito Pagoda

First and foremost before we begin, some housekeeping business… I did not get a chance to put up a post two weeks ago on July 1st because it was Canada Day. This year marks Canada’s 150th birthday so it was quite the celebration. Then the week following that I lost Internet connection at home and somehow managed to get sick during summer so that’s that. Seems like every time I publicly announce I’d do something, my plan falls apart. Well, this is embarrassing… Either way I’m back on my weekly blog schedule (hopefully) so definitely don’t forget to sign up for newsletters in the side bar and stay tuned!

Secondly, it was my third blog anniversary on Thursday!!! Honestly if it weren’t for LinkedIn, I would’ve completely forgotten about this special day. I started blogging as a fun hobby and sorta like an online journal for myself to read back on to relive my travel memories. I work a regular 9-to-5 job so this still remains a hobby but through blogging, I’m so thankful to have been given such amazing opportunities to work with phenomenal brands and to also meet some inspiring individuals. My last blog post reached a new record of 100 comments and it gives me so much joy to see love and support from each and every one of you and I truly mean it when I say I can’t thank you enough. So enough with my cheesiness, here’s what you really came for…

1. Fuji Shibazakura Festival

Fuji Shibazakura Festival Fuji Shibazakura Festival

During my visit to Japan in May, I was able to catch the Fuji Shibazakura Festival – aka pink moss festival. It was such an epic sight to witness and seeing pink moss lined up perfectly across the Mt. Fuji horizon was just an incredibly breathtaking experience that I will never forget. If you haven’t read my previous blog post ≪Everything you need to know about Japan’s Fuji Shibazakura Festival≫, you need to get on it. I share insights on how to get the festival as well as where to find the best photo ops. It’s a must read!

2. Chureito Pagoda

Chureito Pagoda

There’s no doubt we’ve all seen pictures online of a beautiful pagoda next to Mt. Fuji yet no one seems to really know the name of this famous shrine. I remember coming back from my trip here and talking with a Japanese girl who’s hometown is in that same area and she’d never even heard of this place. Even prior to my visit there, the amount of information I found online was way less than I expected for a place that is seemingly so popular.

Now mind you, it’s not exactly far to get to from Tokyo but the trip isn’t easy either. I was in Tokyo just couple months before I revisited again in May and I remember it being such a hassle to get to that my friend and I didn’t bother. So that may be why. If you’re looking to visit from Tokyo, you’ve been warned.

Arakura Sengen Shrine

Getting Here
The main/terminus station in Fujiyoshida is called Kawaguchiko Station. Busses coming in from Tokyo will stop here. From the station, you then need to take the Fujikyu Railway Line to Shimo-Yoshida Station. If I remember correctly, it’s only 2-3 stops away and takes about 10 minutes or so. After you arrive at the station, head towards the exit and take a right. It might seem like you’re going in the wrong direction, but just follow the path. There will be photos of the pagoda on the stone pavement as well guiding you in addition to signs along the way. The walk is approximately 10 minutes.

Now the pagoda is technically inside a shrine called Arakura Sengen Shrine. There are close to 400 steps leading up to it and 400 may sound terrifying but trust me, it’s really not that bad. It took me 15 minutes and I constantly stopped to admire the gorgeous view behind so I’m sure it can be done under 15.

Arakura Sengen Shrine Arakura Sengen Shrine

We missed the cherry blossom season just by a few months, bummer, but the view was spectacular nonetheless.

Chureito Pagoda Chureito Pagoda Chureito Pagoda

3. Mt. Kachi Kachi Ropeway

Mt Kachi Kachi Ropeway

If you’re looking for a little romantic lovey dovey date itinerary suggestion, Mt. Kachi Kachi is your pick.

The ropeway ascends 400 meters from the shore of Lake Kawaguchiko to an observation deck on Mount Tenjo. The name Mt. Kachi Kachi Ropeway comes from the famous folk story Kachi Kachi Yama. It it set at Mount Tenjo and tells the tale of a rabbit getting revenge on a raccoon thief.

Mt Kachi Kachi Ropeway Mt Kachi Kachi Ropeway Mt Kachi Kachi Ropeway

There are a couple cartoon character statues here of the rabbit and raccoon, making this a great spot to bring kids along but the real attraction here is the Bell of Tenjo (Bell of the Sky). I’ve heard a couple different variations. Some say the if you ring the bell whilst facing Mt. Fuji, your wish will come true. Others say it’s a bell for love and good health. They’re both pretty similar sayings and it’s essentially a bell for good blessings.

Mt Kachi Kachi Ropeway Mt Kachi Kachi Ropeway

Truth be told, this one didn’t have as much of a wow factor for me personally but it could possibly be because the area was under construction. And as someone who’s been single for a few years now, I may be bitter about the whole couple, cutesy, cheesy bell charade hahaa.

More information about ticket prices and hours of operation, head on over to their official website here.

4. Outdoor Onsen/Infinity Pool

Outdoor Onsen

Not so much of a specific location, but I highly highly highlyyyyy recommend staying at an onsen ryokan that has outdoor onsen (hot spring) baths with views of Mt. Fuji. It is super duper uber relaxing and you really feel like you are one with nature. If you’re lucky, the onsen may even serve a little sake for your enjoyment 😉

Outdoor Onsen Outdoor Onsen Outdoor Onsen

Please note that Japanese onsens are enjoyed completely butt naked and photography is strictly not allowed at any public bath. I was alone, however, and so I quickly snapped a few photos on my phone. Man the things I do for my blog…

Enoshima Island SpaPhoto from Enoshima Island Spa’s official website.

If an onsen ryokan is out of your budget or you simply want to enjoy a fun pool sesh for half an hour, look no further than Enoshima Island Spa. The spa is located on Enoshima Island and can easily be done as a half-day trip from Yokohama or Kamakura. Photography is again not allowed hence I don’t have much to entice y’all with but coming here during sunset is the best way to conclude the day period. Nothing can beat that, ever.

Enoshima Island Spa Enoshima Island SpaPhoto from HealthyTokyo.com.

Enoshima Island Spa offers both hot spring onsens and regular pool amenities and spa massages. Full day entrance is ¥3,120 (~$35 CAD) or if you visit after 6pm, admission is ¥1,932 (~$21).

5. Hotel de Yama

Hotel de Yama Hotel de YamaPhotos from the official Hotel de Yama website.

This was a total fluke of a find for us. We’d just arrived in Hakone and was seeking help at the nearby tourist information center when my dad caught sight of a hanging poster with beautiful flower bushes layered one on top of another in front of the magnificent Mt. Fuji. We obviously had to ask about it and turns out, there is a famous hotel in Hakone called Hotel de Yama, which has a gorgeous garden full of bright colored Azaleas and an extraordinary view of Mt. Fuji and Lake Ashi.

Hotel de Yama Hotel de Yama Hotel de Yama Hotel de Yama Hotel de Yama My lovely parents who sometimes get mistaken as my grandparents lololololololololol. Dead XDD

Hotel de Yama Hotel de Yama

The thing with Fuji-san is if you’re lucky, the weather Gods will let you get a little peek. Hakone was very cloudy the first day we arrived and although the second day we did see Mt. Fuji from our hotel, we were headed back to the airport therefore couldn’t make a revisit to Hotel de Yama. That said, we unfortunately did not get to see the promising views like the poster showed. Regardless, it was still quite the experience! It was so cute seeing little blobs of flower bushes and I felt like I was playing hide and seek with everyone behind these giant bushes. Also in case you haven’t noticed, my name is a flower too so I’m crazy about flowers, flower fields, flower bushes… I just love me a good frolic in the field!

6. Fuji-Q Highland

Fuji-Q HighlandPhoto from japan-guide.com.

Last but not least, Japan’s infamous amusement park known to comprise some of what used to be known as the world’s tallest and fastest roller coasters. Yes, that’s right. I said roller coasters. You can enjoy Mt. Fuji from a roller coaster.

I am by no means an adrenaline junkie and I visited with my parents who are over 60. Don’t think their hearts can handle that amount excitement no more lol! Needless to say I did not pay a visit. However, our hotel in Fujiyoshida did have a view for it and we passed by it on the train as well and it looked… fun… sorta? Again, I’m not into getting my heart rate up to 153 beats per minute so it’s not my cup of tea, but if you’re all about amusement parks and scary rides then go for it! Let me know your experience after too so I can live vicariously through you.

There you have it, top 6 spots I suggest to look into when you plan your Mt. Fuji trip. If you’ve enjoyed the post, it would mean the world to me if you could share it with your friends and let more travellers discover the beauties Japan has to offer. And psttt I recently started a Facebook and Pinterest account @mysuitcasejourneys. Be sure to follow me there and until next week!

Share:

96 Comments

1. July 15, 2017 / 1:42 pm

Absolutely love the pictures. This is some place I’m adding to my bucket list for sure.

July 16, 2017 / 10:35 pm

Thanks Taylor! These places are definitely bucket list worthy and I hope you get to visit someday!!

2. July 15, 2017 / 2:17 pm

I’ve been wanting to go to Japan forever, and this just gave me even more wanderlust! The view from the pool looks amazing, I could sit there all day!

July 16, 2017 / 10:36 pm

The pool was phenomenal!!! You would totally love it there. Hope you get to visit Japan in the near future soon 😉

3. July 15, 2017 / 3:19 pm

Thanks for this guide. I’m going to check out these spots on my next trip to Japan. I absolutely love your bright and colourful photo style!

July 16, 2017 / 10:37 pm

Thanks so much Kat! I’m super in love with you in that pink kimono!! Next time when I revisit I’m for sure gonna try a pink one too and hope you’ll get to cross these off your list as well 🙂

4. July 15, 2017 / 3:29 pm

I long to return to Japan and these spots have only added kindle to the fire. Loved the Onsen and that’s hilarious about the couples’ park. You are so fortunate to be living there and able to see these places, and amazing Mt. Fuji, in the different seasons. #blogpostsaturday

July 16, 2017 / 10:40 pm

Hey Elaine! Boy, what I’d do to be able to live in Japan!! I actually saw these places over my recent five-day trip (technically four because we spent the whole 5th day transporting to the airport to catch our flight) to Japan in May. But it was my 6th visit there so I am very lucky in deed to always be able to return and uncover more of Japan’s beauties. Hope you’ll get to revisit again soon and I definitely recommend checking some of these places out!

5. July 15, 2017 / 3:47 pm

Your photos are spectacular! You’ve found some amazing spots to see Mt. Fuji; ones I had no idea existed. I think my favourite is Chureito Pagoda, but I also love onsens, so maybe the onsen too. Saving this for the next time we visit Japan!

July 16, 2017 / 10:42 pm

Thanks Kim! Glad I was able to inspire you somewhat and I highly highly suggest staying at an onsen ryokan. You’ll love it 😀

6. Sally E
    July 15, 2017 / 3:56 pm

DROOL. I was trying to decide which one of these locations is my favorite and was genuinely struggling! They’re all SO gorgeous. It’s a tough call but I think Hotel de Yama is my favorite – those flowers are just to die for. Great photos!

July 16, 2017 / 10:43 pm

Awwww I probably can’t choose a favorite either. And yes Hotel de Yama is soooooooo pretty with all those flowers! Even though we didn’t see Mt. Fuji because of the weather, it was still a very memorable visit. Have a great day Sally <3

7. July 15, 2017 / 7:01 pm

Amazing photos and great tips.

July 16, 2017 / 10:43 pm

Thanks Lisa! Glad you enjoyed them!

July 16, 2017 / 10:43 pm

Japan wows me every time and never gets old 😉

8. July 16, 2017 / 1:09 am

Wow, some amazing views here – great photos! We’re planning on visiting Japan next year so will definitely bookmark these spots – the pagoda in particular looks like a wonderful viewpoint.

July 16, 2017 / 10:44 pm

Have you planned when to visit specifically? The pagoda is a must if you can fit it into your itinerary and it’d be especially lovely if you can visit during cherry blossom season 🙂

9. July 16, 2017 / 8:01 pm

I JUST missed the blooming time for Fuji Shibazakura Festival when I was there in April! Looks so pretty. Great suggestions! I pinned this post!

July 16, 2017 / 10:45 pm

Aww that’s such a shame! There’s always next time tho, love. Super glad you liked my recommendations and thank you for sharing it!

10. July 16, 2017 / 8:25 pm

Love this post Jas, I had no idea you could view Fujisan from so many different places! I’m book marking it for the next time I visit Japan! Hehe my husband is an adrenaline junkie so we did go to Fuji Q Highland and admired it from the rollercoasters! 😛

July 16, 2017 / 10:46 pm

OMG! Tell me how the rides are if you guys do go!!!!! We passed by at night and they had all these cute lights on, it looked really romantic too hehee. Super happy you enjoyed this post and happy new week Priti! xoxo

11. July 16, 2017 / 8:57 pm

The place looks awesome and colorful! And your photographs are so great.
    BTW, I like the way your blog looks, so minimal and pretty.. 🙂

July 16, 2017 / 10:46 pm

Thanks so much Amrita! This is the first time someone’s complimented on my blog layout. You really just made my day!! <3

12. July 16, 2017 / 9:48 pm

All of the are gorgeous pictures. You even managed the classic shots, like that of Mt.Fiij with the pink flower beds. So beautiful!

July 16, 2017 / 10:49 pm

Thanks for the kind words, Punita! Hope you’re off to a fabulous new week ahead!!

13. July 16, 2017 / 9:59 pm

oh lovely. i got to visit Mount Fuji in the Spring and it was amazing. You have to get up early to take those shots.

July 16, 2017 / 10:48 pm

I’m honestly not a morning person at all so none of these places we went were during the crack of dawn – although we did check out the pink moss festival as soon as it opened and it was already jam packed but I still managed to get some lovely photos 🙂

14. July 17, 2017 / 7:01 am

I must visit Mt Fuji because of these pictures on your blog. I can’t wait to see and feel these places in person. Thanks for this post

July 19, 2017 / 11:11 am

Thanks for stopping by, Lydia! Really hope you’ll get to witness Mt. Fuji’s beauties soon 😉

15. July 17, 2017 / 9:46 am

Wow! There is so much beauty here! I’m just so mesmerized by how beautiful Japan is! I’m yet to visit. My friend recently visited and I was so impressed by his travel stories! That’s a beautiful list you’ve given. Hoping to get to your beautiful country soon!

July 19, 2017 / 11:12 am

Japan is an absolute gem. I’ve visited six times now and it still never gets old. I think you’ll really enjoy it there too 🙂

16. July 18, 2017 / 4:33 am

I would love to visit Mr. Fuji one day. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a beautiful place! It’s breathtaking.

July 19, 2017 / 11:13 am

Breathtaking indeed! I was completely in awe and it’s definitely a must-see when in Japan!!

17. July 18, 2017 / 9:35 am

So many amazing pictures, it would be hard to choose one! I never realized how beautiful it was!

July 19, 2017 / 11:17 am

Thanks so much Cher! These are only some of the beautiful places in Japan 😉

18. July 18, 2017 / 11:49 am

Your pics are amazing. Japan is definitely on our travel bucket list and I would love to take the kids to Mt. Fuji. Those azaleas at Hotel de Yama photographed beautifully. I’ve never seen so many azaleas in one place. Gorgeous pics.

July 19, 2017 / 11:18 am

Much appreciated, Tomi! Hotel de Yama is definitely a hidden gem and Japan in general is a great destination to visit with kids/family. Hope you’ll get to it soon!!

19. July 18, 2017 / 2:19 pm

The bright colors, the fragrant flowers that you can almost smell in the photographs, and the total beauty is just breathtaking. Mt. Fuji is definitely on my bucket list of places I would like to visit someday!

July 19, 2017 / 11:19 am

You described it even better than me, Jeni! Mt. Fuji is definitely a must-see when in Japan and I hope you’ll get to visit soon 🙂

20. Jennifer Van Huss
    July 18, 2017 / 4:38 pm

Those pictures are so beautiful they almost look fake!! That is one place I have on my bucket list! I would love to see those views in real life!

July 19, 2017 / 11:20 am

Hahaa thanks Jennifer! I did do a bit of editing especially for the photos that I took on gloomy days but these are definitely bucket list worthy spots and hope you’ll get to experience Mt. Fuji soon in the near future!

21. July 18, 2017 / 10:17 pm

This is a great list of beautiful spots to view Mt. Fuji. I was about 12 when my family first visited Fuji Q Highland.

July 19, 2017 / 11:20 am

That’s awesome!! I was too scared to go on the rides but it definitely looked fun!

22. July 18, 2017 / 10:49 pm

My husband and I would love to visit Japan! I think it’s amazing that you shared your journey in Mt. Fuji with us. It’s breathtaking out there. I’d love to see it for myself someday soon.

July 19, 2017 / 11:21 am

Japan is an absolute gem and it would make the perfect destination for a lovely couples getaway. Let me know if you ever need any recommendations! 😀

23. July 18, 2017 / 11:33 pm

WOW! Your photos are amazing!! I would love to visit Mt Fuji one day!!

July 19, 2017 / 11:21 am

Thanks so much Ricci! Enjoy the rest of your week <3

July 19, 2017 / 11:22 am

Much appreciated, Eva! Happy Wednesday 🙂

24. Kiwi
    July 19, 2017 / 4:17 am

Wow your photos are like a fairytale. You took amazing beautiful pictures I am in such awe of the beauty of MtFiji.

July 19, 2017 / 11:22 am

Thank you so much Kiwi!!! The places I visited had such beautiful views that it was hard to take a bad photo!

25. July 19, 2017 / 6:09 am

I haven’t heard much beyond the cherry blossoms and the bamboo garden when it comes to tourism in Japan. Your post introduced me to a completely new face of Japan. I have literally fallen love with every picture you have clicked. The pics with pink flowers are absolutely stunning. Thanks to you, I shall have Japan high up my travel list.

July 19, 2017 / 11:23 am

I’m glad to have inspired you to give Japan a visit. It is such a beautiful country and you’ll really love it there 🙂

26. July 19, 2017 / 7:29 am

That does look like quite a beautiful place to see from every angle possible. I would like to see it in person as well.

July 19, 2017 / 11:23 am

Mt. Fuji is a must-see when in Japan. Hope you’ll get to it someday!!

27. July 19, 2017 / 11:08 am

When it comes to my travel to Japan I have only managed to reach Fukouka but one day I will visit Mt Fuji as it looks absolutely gorgeous with plenty of awesome and glorious views.

July 19, 2017 / 11:24 am

This was my sixth visit and only then did I see Mt. Fuji for the first time so I’m sure there are plenty of chances for you. Cheers!

28. July 19, 2017 / 1:09 pm

Amazing photos! This place has been on my bucket list since I made the thing!

July 21, 2017 / 2:42 pm

Thanks Louise! Mt. Fuji is definitely bucket-list worthy. Hope you’ll get to witness its beauties in person soon in the near future!!

29. July 19, 2017 / 1:49 pm

Wow the photos are simply amazing. Japan has been on my bucket list for years and I’m finally going to Tokyo later this year. I’m so excited!

July 21, 2017 / 2:42 pm

That’s awesome Diana!!! I was just there last November and I loved it there. Let me know if you need any recommendations 🙂

30. July 19, 2017 / 2:04 pm

I’ve got some serious vacation envy. Those are some beautiful stop to visit Mt. Fuji.

July 21, 2017 / 2:43 pm

They really are! This was a super last-minute trip for us so we were lucky to have discovered and caught the moss/flowers in bloom 😀

31. Katie
    July 19, 2017 / 2:06 pm

Wow some stunning views there! I’ve pinned this for my Japan trip planning as these are top tips!

July 21, 2017 / 2:44 pm

Thanks so much Katie! Let me know if you need any other recommendations 😀

32. July 19, 2017 / 2:30 pm

I am so mesmerised by your photos! Jjust wanted to keep scrolling through the pictures! Specially the photo of the pink moss all around is gorgeous! Which month did you visit in ?? Japan is so beautiful..cant wait to get there!

July 21, 2017 / 2:44 pm

Thanks Meghna! We visited in mid-May 🙂

33. July 19, 2017 / 2:33 pm

Mt Fuji is so regal and beautiful in your photos. It reminds me of Mt Rainier in Seattle – it is a good day when the “mountain is out”
    I think I would enjoy viewing it most from the onsen!

July 21, 2017 / 2:50 pm

You know it’s funny because I’m based in Vancouver so I drive down to Seattle lots but I don’t think I’ve ever seen Mt. Rainier yet XDD

34. July 19, 2017 / 2:36 pm

Your pictures are absolutely beautiful – makes me want to go and see Mount Fuji myself!

July 21, 2017 / 2:51 pm

Thanks Elle! It’s definitely a must-see when in Japan 😉

35. July 19, 2017 / 2:39 pm

Oh my goodness, I could scroll through your pics for hours! That pink moss. Gorgeous. My 14 year old really wants to visit Japan.

July 21, 2017 / 2:52 pm

Aww thank you, Kerri! Japan is a perfect destination for a family trip and I highly recommend it!

36. July 19, 2017 / 3:43 pm

Oh wow your photos are gorgeous and I would love to go to any of these spots to view Mount Fiji! I haven’t made it to Japan yet but it looks gorgeous there!

July 21, 2017 / 2:54 pm

Thank you, Meghan!!! This was my 6th trip there and Japan still never ceases to amaze me. Hope you’ll get to visit someday soon 😀

37. July 20, 2017 / 3:48 am

These photos are gorgeous! Such lovely colours. When we went to Japan there was so much cloud it blocked most of Mount Fuji, my mum was so upset.

July 21, 2017 / 2:57 pm

Aww bummer! I was in Tokyo last November actually and we visited this observatory that had views of Mt. Fuji but it was way too cloudy that day. I’m sure you’ll both get it see it another time 😉

38. July 21, 2017 / 1:38 am

Wowowow! The article and photos age gorgeous! The colors of flowers, the landscapes, the rocky swimmingpool that I dream for my poor hurting back. Definitely Japan is the place where i hope to reincarnate in next life! Thansks for sharing..:)

July 21, 2017 / 2:57 pm

Thanks for stopping by dear! Japan is such a gem and it’s been a dream of mine to live there as well! 🙂

39. Gabriel
    July 21, 2017 / 7:50 am

My son spent the last 4 years stationed in Okinawa and fell in love with the whole country. He hiked Mt Fuji a couple of times and there probably isn’t a bad place to view it from. Gorgeous.

July 21, 2017 / 2:59 pm

Climbing Mt. Fuji must’ve been such an exhilarating experience for him!!! I don’t think I am physically fit for that so I’ll stick to my onsens and sakes 😉

40. July 21, 2017 / 9:23 am

Wow, your photos are absolutely stunning! What camera do you use? Currently shopping for a new camera, haha! I’m actually planning on going to Japan again later this year, so this post was perfect for me! I’ve always seen pictures of Chureito Pagoda but didn’t know the name, and now I know! Hopefully I’ll be able to check out all of these spots, the Hotel de Yama’s gardens are so beautiful.

July 21, 2017 / 3:01 pm

Hi Kim! I use Fujifilm X-Pro 2! I would definitely recommend getting a mirrorless camera if you do a lot of traveling (it’s much, MUCH lighter). And I’m so excited for you girl!!!!! Let me know if you need any other recommendations and I hope you have a safe and fabulous trip!

41. July 21, 2017 / 9:47 am

Amazing pictures as always! I love it! On our trip to Japan we didn’t have time to visit Mt. Fuji but it is definitely on our bucket list for the future. We were there in November so the weather also wasn’t co-operating so that we would have seen the mountain from a distance. Hopefully next time….

July 21, 2017 / 3:03 pm

Awww thank you, Paula! I was actually just in Japan last November as well so I know what you mean about the weather. This was my 6th trip to Japan actually and only then did I see Mt. Fuji for the first time. I’m sure you’ll have plenty of other chances 😉

42. July 22, 2017 / 10:06 am

This looks incredible! Your photos are just divine, I’d really love to visit here. I especially love Hotel de Yama, the flowers and planting is so spectacular!

July 26, 2017 / 3:30 pm

Thank you so much, Samantha! Hotel de Yama is an absolute gem and I highly recommend a visit to their garden! 🙂

43. July 23, 2017 / 10:47 am

My husband hiked to the top of Mt. Fuji when he was stationed in Japan. He’s always wanted to take me there. Pinning this for later!

July 26, 2017 / 3:31 pm

That must’ve been such an exhilarating experience!!! Hope you’ll get to visit soon and thanks for sharing dear!

44. August 1, 2017 / 5:46 am

This post is amazing!! I don’t even know which spot is my favorite! Your blog is also is truly beautiful!! Your layout, fonts, and everything is just stunning and makes your blog experience even better! You are amazingly talented at blogging. Your talent is so inspiring and your hard work and success makes me want to keep growing my blog. Thank you so much for being an inspiration to me! I’m so glad I found your blog and I look forward to more from you in the future. This is now one of my favorite blogs. There is a lot to admire about you! ❤️

August 13, 2017 / 12:28 am

Hey Nicole and Kaila! First off, wow, where do I even begin. Thank you so much for the kind words and I am beyond flattered!!! I honestly started blogging just for fun and as my own online journal so I am seriously by no means a blogging guru or anything of that sort and I am still continuing to learn about blogging myself as well. I just checked out yours and you’re off to a great start!! Beautiful photos (and awesome review on The Grand Isle Resort & Spa!) Best of luck with everything and I’m excited to see where you gals will go next! 🙂

45. August 3, 2017 / 12:43 pm

These are just gorgeous pictures, as everyone here has mentioned. Amazing work you did with these, Jaschen. I’d like to throw my personal favorite way to see Fuji (from any train from Tokyo toward Fuji). That was the first time I saw that beautiful mountain, when heading to Kamakura (also for the first time). It was a great sight to see parents taking their kids to the Fuji side to show them. It was one of the many reasons I fell in love with Japan and hope to go back to see its most famous mountain. Thank you for sharing this and evoking one of my all-time favorite memories.

August 13, 2017 / 12:30 am

That’s definitely a beautiful memory! I’m glad you enjoyed the photos and thank you so much for the lovely comment, Duke! Cheers!!

46. August 6, 2017 / 12:48 am

So much to do and experience at Mt. Fuji , Japan. The pink moss view is breathtaking and there is very colorful landscape with the mountain at the background and views from the Chureito Pagoda is awesome, with 400 steps it seems difficult to go there, but we can rest and admire the views while we are at it!! And the Kachi Kachi Ropeway ascending up across the Lake Kawaguchiko to Mount Tenjo where we can ring the ‘Bell of the sky’ sounds super exciting!!

August 13, 2017 / 12:31 am

400 steps really wasn’t that bad at all. My parents are over 60 and even they managed to get to the top 🙂